Sunday, May 15, 2011

gypsy woman

A day in the life of a gypsy woman.  My sister told me I looked like a gypsy woman this morning while we waited for our breakfast at the bagel store.  Maybe I am a gypsy.  I certainly look like one, as I struggle to recover from last nights adventures. One thing I definitely am is hung over.  I can't help but think about the fact that this is one of the last Saturday nights I'll spend here in college with my friends and roommates.  Graduation is just around the corner, and its bringing lots of questions with it.  The nights conversations have changed from mindless babbles about parties and classwork to real questions about everyone's plans after graduation.  Well, there's obviously still plenty of mindless babble...and just mindlessness in general.  I saw a kid "chug" a beer out of a children's Super Soaker toy last night, I mean the college culture of binge drinking knows no bounds.  But anyway the point is that these questions are just hanging around in the air over all of our heads, with very few answers in sight.  How does a twenty two year old decided what to do for the rest of their lives?  Or who they want to be?  How does anyone really?  I've asked people young and old, if they could go back and do anything in the world, what would it be, and no one seems to know.  My guess is it changes.  Today I am a gypsy woman, but tomorrow who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment